The pandemic of Covid-19 has crippled our world and torn the global fabric. It is important that we fight back together with SOPs and Vaccines. Vaccines are the absolute lifesavers when we fight a global pandemic like Covid 19. You will find information about all the process of registration for your vaccination slot. The process is very easy and can be completed on your mobile phone or pc in seconds. The government of India has made sure that you can register for the vaccine sitting at home.
Covid Vaccine Registration
The vaccination process (for 18+ citizens) took off on the 1st of May 2021. So far more than 800 millions of Indians are vaccinated with at least one dose of the vaccine. The Government has set up thousands of vaccination centers across India. You can get you shot at your nearest vaccination center but first you have to register for that. There are some basic qualifications for the vaccine. First you must be 18 years or older to get the dose and also, you should be an Indian citizen to get registered. Moreover, if you have any underlying health conditions, specially related to your respiratory system, you are advised to consult your doctor before getting the covid-19 vaccine.
The registration process is entirely online and you don’t have to go anywhere to do it. The Arogyasetu app, The Umang app or the cowin app, are the only three platforms run by GOI where you can register to get your vaccine dosage. You will be asked to enter your phone number and you can register 4 slots for 4 people on one number with their individual photo IDs. You should match the age criteria to get registered.
Documents needed for the registration.
To avoid the black marketing and other illegal activities with the lifesaving covid 19 vaccines, the GOI has made it impossible to get the vaccine without registered documents. These documentation processes also make it easier to keep the data of vaccinated population Intact. Although the adhar card is enough for the registration process, the GOI allows a range of other documents to register for your slot. We Highly recommend you to complete your registration on Cowin app ASAP. Following is the list of Documents you can use for registration process.
- Foremost your Aadhar Card
- Your Driving License
- Your Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) NREGA Job Cards
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs for state employees
- Your PAN Card
- Passbooks issued by Banks or Post Office
- Your Passport
- Pension Documents
- Service Identity Cards issued to employees by Central/ State Government/ Public Limited Companies
- Voter ID card
How can I do Covid Vaccine Registration Online?
Here we are providing you with a step by step procedural list of registering online for the Covid-19 Vaccine.
- To register online, you have to first go to the online portal (Cowin or Umang), the link of which will be available in our article.
- After that, the homepage will appear.
- On the home page, you will be asked to enter your phone number, which is in use.
- After entering it, you will have to open Arogya Setu or Umang App.
- In the apps, you will see the option of vaccination registration, click on it.
- After clicking on it, the next page will appear.
- On the next page, you will have to fill in all the details as asked.
- After filing the details and documentation, your registration process will be completed.
- Take out the print copy of the registration slip for future use.
COVID-19 vaccines: Get the facts
There is a lot of resent among some people regarding the vaccine, all because of misinformation. To avoid this kind of misinformation, get your facts about Covid-19 cleared out. By doing so, you can also enlighten others and help win the war against covid.
Vaccines along with SOPs (social distancing and usage of masks, sanitizers, etc.) are the only hope for humanity to survive this pandemic with lowest possible casualties. Below are some FAQs to clear your facts and information about the vaccines.
1. What are the benefits of getting a COVID-19 Vaccine?
The covid-19 Vaccine can save you from getting infected with deadly virus. Moreover, even if you get infected after getting the vaccine, the fatality rates or the need of hospitalization is extremely low. That means, the covid-19 or the coronavirus will have minor fluctuations in your health. Also if you are less likely to get infected, that makes it less likely to be an Outbreak that is too big to handle for healthcare systems. And you will be doing a favour to your family members as well by getting vaccinated.
2. Should I get the Covid-19 vaccine even if I’ve already had COVID-19?
Research shows that the amount of antibodies produced after getting infected are nothing when compared to the amount after vaccination. So the answer is yes, you should get vaccinated after getting infected by the virus.
3. What are the possible general side effects of a COVID-19 Vaccine?
There can be different side effects after you get vaccinated. And also different side effects for different vaccines for example Covieshield Vs Covaxin. But below are some common side effects.
- There can be Pain, redness or swelling where the shot was given
- You can have Fever
- Or Fatigue
- Headaches are very common
- Muscle pains
- Chills in the body
- Joint pains
- Feeling Nausea and vomiting
- Feeling unwell for long time
- Swollen lymph nodes etc.
You will be asked to stay in the vaccine center for 15-30 minutes, and will be monitored for any immediate side effects.
4. Can i still get COVID-19 after I’m vaccinated?
Yes you can get infected with the virus after getting the vaccine (probability is low however) but there are extremely low chances of you being hospitalized for the disease. The vaccine lowers fatalities rates below 1 percent or so. All in all the vaccine may not guard you from getting infected but its hell of a Life Saver.