Swami Vivekananda was born on 12 January 1863 in Calcutta. Swami Vivekananda’s childhood name was Narendranath Dutt. Every year people celebrate Swami Vivekananda’s birthday as Youth Day. His thoughts can provide a new purpose to live life.
The source of inspiration of Swami Vivekananda, everything fills us with energy. He left a deep impression of India on the whole world in his life. Even today his speech is popular in Chicago and makes us realize our rich cultural heritage.
Swami Vivekananda did public service every moment of his life and inspired everyone to do the same. Come, today we know the precious thoughts of this great man.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes
1. Arise, awake, and stop not until the goal is achieved. —Swami Vivekananda
2. Take risks in your life. If you win, you can lead, if you lose, you can guide. —Swami Vivekananda
3. Talk to yourself once in a day, otherwise, you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world. —Swami Vivekananda
4. The reason for every misunderstanding is that we see the people as we are but not as they are. —Swami Vivekananda
“So long as there is desire or want, it is a sure sign that there is imperfection. A perfect, free being cannot have any desire.” —Swami Vivekananda
6. You have to grow from the inside out. —Swami Vivekananda Quotes
7. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul. —Swami Vivekananda
8. Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true. —Swami Vivekananda
9. External nature is only internal nature writ large. —Swami Vivekananda
10. All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark. —Swami Vivekananda
Inspirational Quotes by Swami Vivekananda
11. In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.
12. All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in your own mind.
13. Liberation means entire freedom — freedom from the bondage of good, as well as from the bondage of evil.
14. Time is like a river. You can’t touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
15. Do not lower your target to the level of abilities. Instead, increase your abilities to the height of your goals.
“Strength is life, weakness is death. The extension is life, contraction is death. Love is life, hate is death.” —Swami Vivekananda
17. Whenever we attain a higher vision, the lower vision disappears of itself.
18. Look upon every man, woman, and everyone as God. You cannot help anyone, you can only serve: serve the children of the Lord, serve the Lord Himself if you have the privilege.
19. All the power is in you, belief in him. Do not believe that you are weak… Stand up and recognize your inner divinity.
20. Do not wait for someone else. You should do whatever you can. Do not set your expectations on anyone else.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Youth
21. Believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet.
22. Like fire in a piece of flint, knowledge exists in the mind. A suggestion is friction which brings it out.
23. Your aim is yours, so don’t change it for others.
24. Talk to yourself once in a day..otherwise, you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world.
“Youth is the best time. The way in which you utilize this period will decide the nature of the coming years that lie ahead of you.” —Swami Vivekananda
26. Never be weak, you must be strong; You have infinite strength within you.
27. You are the creator of your own destiny.
28. The greatest sin is to think yourself weak.
29. The power of concentration is the only key to the treasure-house of knowledge.
30. Your aim is yours, so don’t change it for others.
Swami Vivekananda’s Quotes On Love
31. All this is the manifestation of that One Love, more or less expressed.
32. Do not hate anybody, because that hatred which comes out from you must, in the long run, come back to you. If you love, that love will come back to you, completing the circle.
33. Drink the cup of love and become mad.
34. God is love, and love is God.
“Good results can be produced only through love, through sympathy.” —Swami Vivekananda
36. It requires no proofs to demonstrate the existence of the beloved to the lover.
37. Love alone is the fittest thing to survive and not hatred.
38. Love must get to its right destination, it must go unto Him who is really the infinite ocean of love.
39. Lust is the death of love.
40. Pure love has no motive. It has nothing to gain.
Life Changing Quotes By Swami Vivekananda
41. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
42. Take Risks in Your Life If you Win, U Can Lead! If You Lose, You can Guide.
43. Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being?
44. Do not lower your goals to the level of your abilities. Instead, raise your abilities to the height of your goals.
“God is to be worshipped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life.” —Swami Vivekananda
46. Never say No, Never say, ‘I can’t, for you are Infinite. All the power is within you. You can do anything.
47. We already have all the powers of the universe. Those are the ones who hold their eyes and they cry about how dark is it!
48. The world is a gym where we come to strengthen ourselves.
49. God should be worshiped as a supreme beloved, more than all things in this or the next life.
50. Listen to the heart in the conflict of heart and mind.